2021 New Zealand Melanoma Summit
September 10 @ 8:00 am - September 12 @ 5:00 pm$499 – $1695
Early Bird Pricing:
Certificate in Fundamental Dermatoscopy (Optional)
The Certificate of Fundamental Dermatoscopy by Skin Cancer Symposiums is aimed at beginners in the field of dermatoscopy and skin cancer. You need an excellent foundation to confidently use your dermatoscope. Professor Cliff Rosendahl and Associate Professor Amanda Oakley together will ensure you have a confident feel for the basics of dermatoscopy. They will cover the basics of the various dermatoscopic instruments, the language used, the fundamental dermatoscopic features of common benign lesions and the use of ‘Chaos and Clues’ which is an algorithm co-founded by Professor Cliff Rosendahl. ‘Chaos and Clues’ provides you with a safe and simple way to decide which pigmented lesions can be left and which require excising (this is achieved without needing to diagnose exactly what the lesion is). The algorithm is presented in a simple and easy to follow way with plenty of examples and repetition. Associate Professor Amanda Oakley will then expertly guide you through the fundamentals of diagnosing BCCs and SCCs. On completion of the online course you will have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of dermatoscopy and how it will help you diagnose and manage the lesion in front of you.
You will leave the symposium with the skills and all the necessary tools to be up and running on your first day back at work. A digital dermatoscope (Molescope II – value $445) is provided for all participants. The Molescope II now comes with an Universal Adaptor for all mobile phones.
This course has been approved by the Royal NZ College of GPs for reimbursement as an approved ‘Conference’ (up to $500 excluding GST) for GPEP 1 registrars.
- – Highest Quality Teaching – our average rating of hundreds of GPs, nurses and surgeons is 4.7/5 (94%)
- – We make it easy – dermatoscopy does not need to be hard, our Professors will teach you in simple to understand terms
- – Complimentary dermatoscope – so you can start doing dermatoscopy the very next day at your rooms.
- – Interactive sessions – We will provide lots of examples, quizzes and repetition to help reinforce key points.
- – Date: 12th September 2021 8 am – 5pm.
- – RNZCGP CME Accredited – The Certificate of Fundamental Dermatoscopy activity has been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for up to 12 CME credits for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
Dr Chris Boberg and Dr Andrew MacGill (Convenors)