2022 New Zealand Melanoma Summit
February 11, 2022 @ 8:00 am - February 13, 2022 @ 5:00 pm$519.00 – $819.00
Professional Certificate of Clinical Dermatoscopy (Optional)
The Professional Certificate of Clinical Dermatoscopy by Skin Cancer Symposiums is aimed at doctors and nurses who have had some experience in dermatoscopy but would like further their knowledge to: diagnose better, reduce unnecessary excisions, deal with difficult acral/nail or facial lesions, manage patients with hundreds of atypical naevi, difficult to diagnose pink lesions and to be medico legally safe when doing sequential dermatoscopy. The course is designed to be highly practical in everyday practice using a case-based approach with a focus on interactivity and in a small class environment.
The topics covered will be:
- Chaos and Clues and Prediction without Pigment Refresher: A Case Based Approach – Cliff will refresh your knowledge on these practical and useful algorithms using interesting clinical cases.
- Skin lesion referrals and photography – Amanda will outline a primer on clinical photography of clinical and dermatoscopic lesions as well as tips on skin lesion referrals.
- Sequential dermatoscopy – Amanda will draw from her extensive experience with Molemap to discuss indications for sequential dermatoscopy, definitions of ‘significant change’ and how to remain medicolegally safe.
- Facial pigmented and non-pigmented skin lesions – Facial skin lesions can be a dermatosopic conundrum. Cliff will, using a case-based approach discuss the specific diagnosis of facial lesions and pitfalls of diagnosing a flat pigmented lesion on the face as a naevus.
- Acral lesions and the nail unit – Amanda will discuss everything you need to know about acral and nail unit lesions (black/white/red stripes). Plus she will tell you an easy way to differentiate between furrows and ridges.
- Non-pigmented skin lesions – pink lesions can be difficult to diagnose but Cliff will outline a system to help give specific diagnosis for pink lesions and be safe medicolegally.
- Virtual Patient Quiz – Atypical Naevi – in a Quiz format, Cliff will outline his approach to patients with hundreds of atypical looking naevi.
This course has been approved by the Royal NZ College of GPs for reimbursement as an approved ‘Conference’ (up to $575 excluding GST) for GPEP 1 registrars.
- – Highest Quality Teaching – our average rating of hundreds of GPs, nurses and surgeons is 4.7/5 (94%)
- – We make it easy – dermatoscopy does not need to be hard, our Professors will teach you in simple to understand terms
- – Complimentary dermatoscope – so you can start doing dermatoscopy the very next day at your rooms.
- – Interactive sessions – We will provide lots of examples, quizzes and repetition to help reinforce key points.
- – Date: 12th September 2021 8 am – 5pm.
- – RNZCGP CME Accredited – The Certificate of Fundamental Dermatoscopy activity has been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for up to 12 CME credits for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
Dr Chris Boberg and Dr Andrew MacGill (Convenors)